Welcome to the endless world of Civil Engineers!
CIVIL ENGINEER as a profession gives you the power of creator!! Many congratulations to you for becoming the creator of "An art to part". We live in the world of fascinating products that go through frequent changes and upgrades....
- Construction is the process of constructing a building or infrastructure. In this Building Practical Training Course you will come to know about Construction process from very first step to the last step in construction work, along with that you will also understand how to Executive any task and how to put checks and supervisions.
- For any type of construction work one should have sound practical experience in technical skills like Whole construction process, estimation and budgeting, survey work, site supervision work, site execution work, bar bending schedule work, quantity survey work, billing work, reconciliation work, daily progress report work, contract and tendering work etc. these things is necessary for any of the designation involve in site related jobs.
In estimation and planning you will get to know about the following topics:
- Foundation part of the building: In this part we read the structural drawing of centre line in which footing detailing are given with the help of that data is abstracted. After that we start estimation with the first construction step of any building that is site cleaning, we calculate the area of the site that is to be cleaned and then calculate the volume of material that is to be excavated and after that the amount of Sand filling is calculated in volume and then plain cement concrete is calculated which we provide on the bottom of the foundation in the excavation pit, then the volume of foundation is calculated with the form work then the volume of pedestal column is calculated among with formwork after that backfilling is done and the amount can be calculated in volume.
- Sub structure part of the building: In this part of building firstly we calculate the amount of one line brickwork in cubic metre and then the volume of ground beam concrete is calculated and then the shuttering of ground beam is also calculated after that we calculate the brickwork up to DPC bottom in cubic metres after that we calculate the quantity of damp proof course in square metres and then we provide and calculate residual coat of Bitumen in square metres and then plinth filling is done and the amount is calculated in cubic metres after that we provide flooring of plain cement concrete and then we provide Column of substructure and calculate the volume in cubic metres.
- Super Structure part of the building: In this part of building firstly we calculate one line brickwork for super structure for 200 mm wall and 100 mm wall as well and calculate the quantity of the respected wall in cubic metres and square metres after that we provide damp proof course above the one line brickwork and the quantity is calculated in square metres then brick work up to sill band bottom is calculated in square metres and cubic metres for 100 mm and 200mm wall as well after that we provide sill band concrete below the window then we calculate the amount of sill band concrete in cubic metres after then we calculate the shuttering of sill band and then we provide brickwork up to lintel beam bottom and calculate the amount for 100 mm and 200 mm wall in square metres and cubic metres as well then lintel beam is provided throughout the building and the quantity is calculated in cubic metres after then the amount of formwork is calculated which is used in lintel beam concrete then brickwork up to slab beam bottom is calculated for 100 mm and 200 mm wall in square metres and cubic metres respectively after that slab beam concrete is provided and the quantity is calculated in cubic metres after then the amount of shuttering is also calculate it which is lying in slab beam and then the amount of slab beam concrete is calculated in cubic metres and the shuttering is also calculated in square metres which is lying below the slab after then we calculate the amount of staircase concrete in cubic metres and the formwork of staircase is also calculated in square metres then column for superstructure is provided and the amount is calculated in cubic metres the formwork is also calculated for column in square metres.
- Finishing work of the building: In this part of building, we provide plaster work on the wall for smooth surface and there is three types of plaster are provided that is 6mm plaster, 12mm plaster and 15mm plaster as well. 6mm plaster is provided in the ceiling of slab. 12mm plaster is provided in the inner walls and 15 mm plaster is provided on the outer walls of the building. The quantities of these items are calculated in square metre. After the plastering work white wash are provided above the plastered surface and the amount is calculated in square metres after the process of white wash putti is provided on the outer walls, inner walls and ceiling as well. The amount is calculated in square metres. After then we provide inner paint to the interior walls of the building and outer paint to the outer walls of the building and the amount it is calculated in square metres respectively. After than we provide flooring work to the building different types of flooring are provided in a building to increase the aesthetic view you and appearance of the building some of the famous flooring examples are vitrified tiles, ceramic tiles, Marble work, Granite stone etc. All these floorings are implemented according to the drawing and the mode of measurement of all the flooring work are in square metres.
- Door & Window fitting work: In this part of building, we provide different type of doors and window to the building and the specification of door in window is according to drawing we read drawing then the data is abstracted and then different quantities are calculated.
- Plumbing fitting work: In this part of building different type of fittings of plumbing are calculated the mode of measurements of major part of the plumbing items enumerated quantities. We calculate the plumbing fitting items according to drawing and the drainage items are also calculated and the pipes which are used in plumbing fitting are calculated in in running metre there are many types of pipes are used in plumbing work some of them are galvanized iron pipe, polyvinyl chloride pipe, chlorinated polyvinyl chloride pipe, un-plasticized polyvinyl chloride pipe. The length of these pipes is calculated according to the drawing. Firstly, the amount of door frame is calculated in cubic metres except the FRP door frame the amount of FRP door frame are calculated in running metre according to schedule of rates. After calculating volume of frames, the amount of door shutter is calculated in square metres. After then amount of door fitting items are counted from the drawing and the values are inserted in the Excel after the completion of door fitting work, we calculate the amount of aluminium window and window grill as well. Aluminium window is calculated by dividing it into two parts the first one is the window frame that is to be fitted in the wall and the second one is the sliding frame which is inside the window frame after that we calculate the quantity of window grill according to drawing and the unit of measurement is taken in kilograms.
- Bill of Quantity: This part is the most important part of building estimation because till now we are calculating the quantities not the amount but from now we are able to calculate amount of each item by multiplying the quantities to the rates which we get from the schedule of rate. And hence we get the amount of all the quantities and when we add these amounts then we get the bill of all the quantities that's why the result of estimation is known as bill of quantity. The process is very simple we read the schedule of rate and find various items which we previously calculated and hence we get the rate from the schedule of rate after multiplying the rates to the quantities then we get the total amount of various items of our building estimation. Bill of quantity is very important document which we use in in different part of construction industry that's why it is necessary to understand the process of making bill of quantity to each and every engineer working in this industry.
In Surveying work and Building material test you will cover the following topic:
- Introductory part of surveying
- study of main sea level and bench mark
- staff reading
- Autolevel reading with fast setup
- Level transfer by H.I method
- Profile levelling
- Contour mapping
- Drainage work
- Process of slope in drain
- Inverted levelling staff for vertical height measurement
- Inverted levelling staff performed at site
- Explanation of box culvert
- Hume pipe
- Cement storage at site
- Cement field test
- Sand test
- Brick test
- Building levelling explanation
- Slab shuttering check by Auto level
- How to check plaster at site
In Bar Bending Schedule course you will get to learn the following topics:
- Introductory phase covers, Reinforcement, its necessity.
- IS Code Provisions.
- Bar bending Schedule for each Structural Elements such as:
- BBS of Footing
- BBS of Column
- BBS of Beam
- BBS of one-way slab
- BBS of Two-way slab
- BBS of Staircase
- BBS of Chajja
- BBS of Pile and pile cap
- BBS of Sunken slab
The above topics will be discussed with on-site videos & animation which results, visualization become easy and interactive for better understanding.
- Finding out cutting length and No. of Bar for Structural Members by Manually Calculation.
- Finding out cutting length and No. of Bar for Structural Members by Excel Format.
- Providing excel format for each member slab, footing, column, beam etc
- Providing excel format for Different types of stirrups.
- In excel format you can calculate cutting length and no. of bar very easily, put the value from structural drawing and get the Answer in excel sheet.
- In this BBS course module you will easily able to understand the exact quantity of steel required for construction.
Quantity survey and rate analysis is advance course for quantity surveyor and it helps in almost every aspect of pre-execution work. This course has 100+ excel sheet with advance design which is easy to use and will provide you better work experience on your work field. This course will help you to:
- Learn how to become a quantity surveyor
- Understand the main point on rate analysis
- Excel for fast calculation and report generation
- Know the different types of material
- Rate analysis of material
- Rate analysis of labour
- Rate analysis of equipment’s
- Know all the tax on rate analysis
Billing work covers all kind of Billing works in Building Construction specially CPWD Projects and it helps to understand Bill making process from Basic to Advance level.
For a Civil Engineer to have knowledge of Bill Preparation is must and to have that knowledge Civil Engineer requires deep understanding in below mentioned topics which will be covered in 15 days Billing Course
- General Over View of Billing
Billing deals with the cost and quantity of material. The RCC work excavation work, brick work, plasterwork, finishing work Etc. Everything is billed at each completion stage. Bills are cross-checked and respective bills are sanctioned.
- Role & Responsibility of Billing Engineer
A Billing engineer is one who maintains and balances the cash flow generation and workflow of any project at sites and monitoring the work from the office itself.
Billing engineer quantifies & qualifies works, as per actual execution at project and Bill them as per the agreed rate of the contractor.
- Make presentation on boq- Identification and preparation of extra brought item from BOQ.
- Getting approval from the client- Preparation of RA Bill records and monitoring it.
- Subcontractors bills - Prepare and process Subcontractors bills.
- Debit note - Random physical checking to ensure recovery against the faulty work from the contractor as per recommendation from site.
Types of Bill
- Client Bill - Billing is the documentary aspect of the work done through which payment can be made to person involved in the contract and responsible to complete the work, incomplete billing can cause considerable losses to the client.
- Item Wise labour Bill - An item wise labour contract bill is one in which the contractor agrees to carry out the work, As per the drawings, bill of quantity and specification, in consideration of a payment to be made entirely on measurements taken as the work proceeds and the unit price tendered by the contractor in the Bill of quantities.
- Slab Rate labour Bill - Slab is the last member in structure. Therefore, when slab is constructed, you can say that column beam and other things are already in their places. Also we cannot understand the percentage completion in percentage only. For example, let us assume five story building. I have constructed foundation and plinth work completely of plan and build only first floor fully. Then if the completion % given as about 50 to 60 percent, but in actual, there are still four more floors to build. So in this way, we can't understand the completion of project. So we develop concept of slab. Say there are hundreds slab total, each story has 20 slab each and we show that 20% work is done. We can easily understand that two stories have been constructed.
- Delhi Schedule of Rates & Specification
In DSR list of rates of various items is prepared after the analysis of rates of these items, such a document is known as schedule of rate. It becomes very useful, especially in the preparation of estimation and also in deciding the rate of an extra item carried out by the contractor. The Latest version of DSR shall be the basis for preparation of estimate.
- Measurement Book & Running Account Bill Book
The payment of contractor and others for the work done or other services rendered are made on the basis of measurements recorded in the measurement book. The measurement book is the basis of all accounts of quantities. Whether of Works done by contractor or by labor employed by the department or material received.
Running account Bill means a bill for the payment to be made to the contractor on a running account. When payment for work is made to him at specified, intervals subject to deduction as per contract and final settlement of the account on completion or determination of his contract.
- Material Consumption Report
Consumed means raw material used to produce a finished product. It includes only landed cost of raw material used. It does not include overheads incurred in production process. We prepare a consumption report on material used in a particular bill period. Such report is prepared taking all material received and consumed quantity in consideration.
Reconciliation is an accounting process that compares two sets of record to check, that figure is correct agreement. Reconciliation also, confirms that account in general is consistent, accurate and complete. Reconsideration bills are made to check that the particular material is completely used or getting wasted over a time. It is all about doing the auditing. It is also known as auditing which shows basically the control over the wastage.
It is the provision in the cost estimate for increase in the cost of equipment, material like cement, steel, Petroleum & fuel, other material, labor etc. A difference in price for an identical good in different market occurs due to supply chain and distribution Channel. A contract term that allows price to be increased or renegotiated if the cost of a material changes beyond a certain point. Bills are also formed on the basis of price escalation and monthly bill targets to evaluate the change in rates and material prices with actual Measurement Book & Bill Book.
- Contract & Tendering course will develop an idea about construction contracts according to the scope of work. In this course you will know about following important things:
How an agreement converted to contractual agreement.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a contract engineer or procurement engineer?
What are the different stages involved in tendering process?
Types of contracts.
Types of tenders.
Drafting of agreement and work order.
Tender fiscal aspect.
Price bid comparative.
Pre-qualification of contractors.
Important clauses of construction contracts etc.
Contract and tendering develop your own business ideas about construction fields i.e., as a contractor. How a contractor get contract by filling tender form step by step. through NIT ,TENDER DOCUMENTS, CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, LETTER OF INTENT, WORK ORDER, LETTER OF AWARDS, GENERAL CONDITION OF CONTRACTS &SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACTS ETC and details about more important clauses used in construction contract that is mobilization advance and its recovery process , what is secured amount, what is defect liability period, what is earnest money deposit, process of retention money, what is liquidated damage, what is CAR POLICY, change order clause, extra item & substitute clause, RA bills , water and electricity clause etc. what is virtual completion certificate and what is successful completion certificate ?.
In Job detetive course you will also get to know the how to search job and how to crack that job, following are the topics to be covered:
- Top construction companies
- Job hunting success strategy
- How to make professional resume
- How to make professional portfolio
- Master job interview preparation
"SCOPES" – With the help of Building Practical Training Course you can easily do any type of site execution work and site supervision work by designating as a site engineer, estimation & planning engineer, billing engineer, bbs engineer, surveyor, quantity surveyor, procurement engineer and also you can handle whole site as a project engineer and project manager, which enhance your career at greater speed.
To achieve your dreams we best support you to choose your path with the practical learning Atmosphere to provide real service to nation