What are the Roles & Responsibilities of a Valuation Engineer?
Work on and manage engagements on real estate advisory, valuation, and due diligence, spread across property types.
Engagements include financial analyses, cash flow modeling, analytical model reviews, property/portfolio modeling, loan portfolio underwriting, market due diligence, asset valuations, real estate appraisals and appraisal reviews, and other general real estate advisory services.
Specific engagement responsibilities will include financial and cash flow modeling, market information research, real estate document analysis (including site/building plans, leases, appraisals, and mortgage underwriting/lending documents), market studies, and report writing.
Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with EY offices globally.
Who is Valuation Surveyor?
The valuation surveyor carries out valuations on residential, commercial, or industrial property, organizes its sale or rent, and advises on investment, development, and management of properties. Also called commercial or residential surveyors.
What are the Roles & Responsibilities of a Valuation Surveyor?
•Inspecting property, for example, a building, a piece of land, or items of agricultural machinery.
•Producing documents for mortgage valuations, tenancy contracts, and other legal matters.
•Assessing its likely value, taking into account size, condition, location, and market trends.
•Organizing and perhaps carrying out the sale of property by auction, open tender, or private sale advising on a suitable rent for property to let, and managing portfolios for landlords.
•Assessing properties and negotiating business rates, capital taxation, acquisitions, and disposals.
•Value real estate assets with in-depth feedback from the real estate brokers available in the vicinity of the property being valued.
• Prepare valuation reports for financial institutions and other clients.
• Analyze the properties in terms of transaction value, and technical building deviations (far area, extensions, multiple units, etc.) And other legal issues.
• Coordination with valuation engineers and data operators.
• Answer queries of clients (technical managers) on the valuations done for them in terms of values and technical issues in the properties.
• Prepare/maintain the retail valuations database for the past projects done by the company.
What are the Compulsory Education & Technical Skills Required for a Valuation Surveyor?
One who has completed his graduation for any field or diploma in civil engineering can be able to apply for this post but requires the following skill sets :
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the surveying profession
- Good oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Readiness to take responsibility and act on your own initiative
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Confidence in your own judgment
- The ability to develop and maintain a network of professional contacts
- Good physical mobility in order to survey a site, a building under construction, or an inaccessible part of a residential property
- A driving skill with the license - this is usually essential unless you are working in a defined urban area, such as a city local authority.
Scopes of Valuation Engineer & Valuation Surveyor.
Civil engineers have a good career as Property Valuation or real estate valuation engineers. Good banking companies like ICICI, and HDFC visit and hire many candidates (including civil engineers) from NICMAR, Pune. All the banking sectors require Valuation Engineer & Valuation Surveyor.
Wish you all success in your aspiration in becoming a world-class Civil Engineer, let Civil Guruji's blog material be the first tool to achieve your dreams!
To achieve your dreams we best support you to choose your path with the practical learning Atmosphere to provide real service to the nation, for more details you can visit our website or get connect us with the "Civil Guruji" app, you can contact us on 9111001234.