Read this Blog to know about How Basement drainage system install. also know Drain Pipes, Sump Pit, Submersible Sump Pump, Pedestal Sump Pumps, capacity, and Basement Waterproofing system.
11 Jan 2022
Know how Basement drainage system installed and operates in the basement. Basement car parking is an important component of modern infrastructure and House construction. Not just commercial even residential buildings have most of their parking area in the basements.
In residential buildings like complexes, heavy rains often result in flooding in basement parking.
This causes a lot of damages not just to the cars parked, but also to the structure of the building. So, here in this blog, you’ll know the details of basement drainage system.
In residential construction or commercial basement parking, sump pits and sump pumps manage exterior water runoff.
Building with these pumps is usually of basement construction, and employ sump pumps which will pump the water into the sewage.
here are the Points to clear How to handle the basement drainage system and how it Works-
1. Drain Pipes- These are Design to capture water from the Basement. Water travel through the drain pipes, it goes to sump Pit.
2. Sump Pit- A sump Pit is an underground tank, usually used for large water tank storage and can be built cheaply using Cement Like material. It is a part of rain water harvesting system, where the rainwater gets collected into the tank, then pumped out.
3. Sump Pump- Installed within the Sump Pit. When water rises by a pre determine Position, at this Point, the captured water is pumped through the drain pipe to the Exterior to drop point, send the water away from the Buildings.
Sump Pumps are classified as-
A) Submersible Sump Pump- it is use for basement drainage system with internal floats, tested by pouring 3-5 Buckets of water on the Pit and forcing the flow to rise to level to activate the Pump. Test Pump Twice a year. Keep sump pit free from debris. And Keep it Cover.
Discharge Range: Up to 9.7 LPS (liters per second), Total head: 30 metres
A) Pedestal Sump Pumps- Pedestal sump pumps sit on a pedestal that keeps them out of the water or Mounted above the water level. Tested by simply raising the float arm.
Capacity- 60 M Vertical Sump Pump, Capacity: 500 M3/hr
The pump is to be connected to an electrical power source in accordance with the Electrical Protection Act. And the pump shall be fitted with an automatic on/off level control.
General Thumb Rule to know capacity-
You may have seen water leakage in the basement mainly through the Joints (Horizontal Joints). Because the basement walls are casting part by part, so joints are responsible for leakage of basement water.
So apply treatment on the horizontal joints will be your first priority to stop the water.
Here is the Basement Waterproofing Method step by step
1. Deep Cutting- Chipping the Horizontal all along the wall. Clean it properly.
2. Fix the Nozzle- Cut the PVC Or steel Nozzle in 5” to 6” Inch and Fix it on the Chipping area. Fix it with the slurry and place 20mm aggregate in between. Left it for 3-4 Days to harden.
3. Grouting- Mix 1 bag of Cement and Cebex 100, 225 gm (admixture for cementations grouts and concrete Used in infilling and jointing). Use pressure grouting with the help of machine. To stop the water frequently you can add calcium chloride in the Mix
4. Water Proofing coating-Finally apply a layer of wall putty.